- Research Awards
- Faculty Awards
- Past Events
Welcome to the 2020-2021 Academic Year!
The Women's Faculty Council (WFC) works to improve the status of women at OSU by being advocates for women through educational programming, award funding, research, and career support. We also serve in an advisory capacity to the administration and university community.
We study needs and problems that impact women in institutions of higher education, and we recommend actions that promote progress toward equality. We provide space for those on OSU’s campus interested in raising awareness and developing action to share resources and spark movement. We share resources and connect individuals across the our community.
All women faculty of OSU campuses (tenure- and non-tenure track) or members emeriti of the Faculty are full members of the Council with voting privileges. Only full-time faculty members may serve as officers in the Council. Others may attend and serve at the discretion of the Executive Committee.
Monthly informational programming with a short WFC business meeting. Nominations for our WFC Outstanding Achievement and Mentorship Awards. Request for participants to serve on the WFC research awards and undergraduate scholarship review committee. WFC Research Week sponsored panel. Book group discussions. Lots of encouragement to nominate your women peers to university awards in recognition of their work and service. Other suggestions? Email us using the contact link above.
There are many ways to get involved with the WFC! Here are just a few:
- Attend monthly meetings to join a community of future leaders and campus advocates
- Volunteer as a reviewer for the WFC Faculty or Student Research Awards
- Volunteer as a reviewer for the 2021 Ann Ryder and Clara Smith Women's Faculty Council Leadership Endowed Scholarship
- Run for an officer position
- Join the WFC Research Committee as advisors to OSU administration
- Become our book club facilitator
- Engage our membership as our Media and Communications Specialist
- and many more!
Join our e-mail list for updates!