- Research Awards
- Faculty Awards
- Past Events
WFC MEETING MINUTES SEPT 17, 2008
Present: Misty Smith, Helen Clements, Merrall Price, Michele Seikel, Robin Leech, Nicole Crethar, Melanie Page, Rebecca Damron, Barbara Miller, Carol Mason
Helen Clements (Chair) called the meeting to order at 11:05 a.m.
· Nicole Crethar from the Library
Report on meeting with Dr. Stephen McKeever about WFC research awards:
· Meeting with Dr. McKeever has been postponed until Tuesday, September 23rd at 2:30 p.m.
· Dr. McKeever is willing for us to move our awards up to correspond with Research Week which is in early February
· Flyer for research awards
· Rebecca Damron agreed to put flyers up at the Writing Center
· A copy of the flyer will be sent to every Dean
· Helen Clements will re-draft the letter soliciting for funds for research awards
· 1 research award per college???
· Reserve a right to not award in a particular college???
· Divide into graduate and undergraduate awards
· $1500 in budget
· What is involved in participating in research week?
· Agricultural Sciences & Natural Resources, Arts & Sciences, Center for Veterinary Health Sciences, Education, Engineering, Architecture & Technology, Human Environmental Sciences, William S. Spears School of Business and Innovator Award? for a total of 8 awards - possibly
· Judges – 1 female and 1 male for each category
· Categories could include hard sciences, social sciences and humanities
· Students will decide which category they fit in
· $400 award
Report on meeting with Dr. Cornell Thomas, VP for Institutional Diversity, on September 24, with Jen Macken, new Women’s Programs Coordinator:
· Will discuss budget
· How to coordinate women’s programs
Report on letter sent to President Hargis:
· Barbara Miller mentioned at Faculty Council
· James Halligan mentioned 501c3
· Meeting with Dr. Strathe in October
· President Hargis did not mention the issue
· Staff Advisory Council strongly advises that we come up with a plan
· “Creativity from the Cradle”
· Coalition of Campus Daycare Centers has a lot of information
· Might want to send copies of information to the Provost and Dr. Thomas
· HES does not have the capability to handle a full-time daycare center
· Check on Langston (Lynne Simpson-Scott) and OU (Melanie Page)
Report from Barbara Miller on Faculty Council items:
· Reported on endowment
· Foundation printed off flyers
· Agenda item for year – tenure clock and spousal hiring (not in policies and procedures yet, still refining procedures)
· Carol Mason discussed the Gender & Women’s Studies Program
Meeting adjourned. Next meeting is scheduled for October 8th at 11:00 a.m. in Room 250 (Council Room) at the Student Union.