- Research Awards
- Faculty Awards
- Past Events
WFC MEETING MINUTES FEB 3, 2010
Present: Misty Smith, Merrall Price, Helen Clements, Jen Macken, Nicole Sump-Crethar, Kristen Burkholder
Merrall Price (Chair) called the meeting to order at 11:35 a.m.
Approval of January Minutes:
• Kristen made a move to approve, Helen seconded, all in favor; minutes of January meeting approved
Announcements – Upcoming Campus Events:
• Oklahoma Gender & Women’s Studies Workshop: Documenting Local Triumphs and Challenges – February 12th from 9:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
• The Vagina Monologues – February 13th at 7 p.m. and February 14th at 4 p.m.
• Carol Adams: The Sexual Politics of Meat Slide Show – February 19th at 3 p.m.
WFC Awards – Budget, Reception, Etc.:
• We have chosen our winners – Michele has emailed all applicants
• Discussed what colleges have donated money
• We are giving out 8 awards – 2 undergraduate and 6 graduate
• Reception is set for 02/12 at 3:30 in the Browsing Room at the Library
• Browsing Room is reserved from 3-5 to give us time for set-up and clean-up
• Helen will take care of certificates for the winners
• Michele will take care of programs for the reception
• We will use some of our budget surplus for refreshments at the reception
• Discussed her arrival time
• Discussed having members of WFC have coffee with her before the lecture
• OSU Catering will cater the event in the Browsing Room at the Library with vegan food
• We will use some of the budget surplus for refreshments at the Research Awards Reception
• Kristen moved that the rest of the budget surplus go towards sponsoring The Vagina Monologues, Helen seconded, all in favor; approved
• Discussed future WFC meeting dates, times and locations
• Native American Faculty and Staff (NAFSA) Scholarship – deadline extended to 02/12/10 at 5 p.m.
• Next meeting will be March 10th at 12:30 p.m. in Room 250 Student Union
• Meeting adjourned at 12:00 pm