- Research Awards
- Faculty Awards
- Past Events
WFC MEETING MINUTES AUG 27, 2008
Present: Misty Smith, Michele Seikel, Cristina Cruz-Gonzalez, Karen Neurohr, Melanie Page, Barbara Miller, Helen Clements, Kristen Burkholder, Merrall Price, Carol Mason
Helen Clements (Chair) called the meeting to order at 11:45 a.m.
· Cristina Cruz-Gonzalez from the Art Department
· Misty Smith from the Library
· Flyers are finished
· Discussed how to raise money
· Currently the website is hosted in Women’s Studies and maintained by Jean Van Delinder
· Website is not current with all of the minutes
· Could add by-laws
· WFC is under Institutional Diversity, so we may be able to use their webmaster
· Discussed adding a page on what to do if you are pregnant concerning tenure clock extension
· Will be soliciting for awards again this year, but will keep better records of who was solicited, who gave money, who said no, etc.
· Discussed moving the research awards up to coincide with Research Week which means we will have to start planning immediately
· Discussed the possibility of publicizing the research awards via the Stillwater Newspress
· Would like to be able send an update to the donors that lists how much money we received, how much we were able to increase the stipend and list the winners from last year
· Need to emphasize the impact on the individual’s field of study
· Letters from professors can show why it is important to their field of study
Update on Letter to President Hargis about day care:
· Sent letter in over the summer
Set Meeting Dates/Time:
· Will try for the third Wednesday of the month at 11:00 a.m.
· Discussed adding speakers to our meetings to try to attract more involvement from women faculty
· Nov. 21st – affiliate faculty meeting
· Nov. 19th – gender and women’s studies workshop at OU
Meeting adjourned. Next meeting is scheduled for September 17th at 11:00 a.m. in Room 250 (Council Room) at the Student Union.