- Research Awards
- Summary Report
- Past Events
Ann Ryder and Clara Smith Women's Faculty Council Leadership Endowed Scholarship for Undergraduates
About the Award
This scholarship is designed to help undergraduate students who exhibit strong leadership ability and scholarship and who engage in activities in support of women’s issues. It is designed to help successful students who might otherwise not be able to finish their education. It is named for two grandmothers of Dr. Melanie Page, a former OSU faculty member. Dr. Page was inspired by these women who were strong leaders in their lifetimes, and created the award in their honor. Hopefully the award will inspire other students to become strong leaders. Women’s Faculty Council is the co-sponsor of the endowment, as the scholarship is designed to encourage those students who are involved in women’s issues. The award is up to $1000.00, to be given for the fall 2019 semester.
- To be eligible, a student must be enrolled as a full time student at Oklahoma State University.
- The student should be an undergraduate with a minimum GPA of 3.5.
- The student should have completed, or be enrolled in courses that would put the recipient at or above 60 hours.
- The recipient must be an emerging leader, broadly defined in terms of a leader in the student’s field of study, through campus organizations, or through the student’s community involvement. Field of study is unrestricted, all disciplines are eligible. Preference will be given to a student who excels in more than one area.
- Preference will be given to an undergraduate student who is actively engaged in issues related to women and whose life experiences reflect their involvement in these issues.
How to Apply:
Apply through our online application form.
Include the following documents, submitted electronically with the form:
- A two to three page type written essay detailing their active leadership involvement and role both within and outside their field of study, their plans for the use of the scholarship, and their future career plans.
- Two letters of support from professionals, including at least one from one of their instructors, must be submitted directly.
Deadline for Applications
March 15, 2019 (*Extended deadline!)
Winner will be notified by April 1, 2019.
Scholarship will be announced during Awards Reception on April 22nd.
Note to Faculty
Please include the following information in your letter of support. Letters should be emailed to Sarah Milligan at email@example.com.
- Name of student
- Please answer the following questions:
- Do you consider this student to be of exceptional quality in terms of both scholarship and leadership?
- Please give examples of why you consider this student to be an exceptional candidate for this award.
- Additional comments