- Research Awards
- Faculty Awards
- Past Events
Outstanding Achievement and Mentorship of Women Awards
WFC Faculty Awards Announcement:
The Women’s Faculty Council Outstanding Achievement and Mentorship of Women awards will be presented to full-time OSU faculty members (tenure- and non-tenure track), regardless of discipline, who have made a significant contribution to research, scholarship, and/or creative work and have a demonstrated record of encouragement, mentorship, and advancement of women toward professional success.
Criteria include, but are not limited to, demonstrated excellence in:
- Coaching and mentoring women students and colleagues
- Encouraging professional development of women
- Generating positive and supportive work environments in their disciplines or departments
- Being a successful role model
- Teaching others how to embody the best in professional growth and career development
In order to recognize all contributions, the committee will evaluate nominations in the following three categories: “Rising Star”, “Outstanding Achievement” and “Inspiring Excellence.” The three awards of $450 each are intended to recognize those who, at different stages of their career, have achieved excellence in their fields and have worked to support and elevate the careers of women.
Nominations and self-nominations are invited. Please submit the materials outlined below electronically as one .pdf file by October 1, 2020 to the chair of the WFC Faculty Award Committee, Kay Bjornen, at the following email: email@example.com. Please include “WFC Awards” in the subject line.
- Personal Statement
- Nomination Letter or Letter of Support
- Other materials as appropriate (e.g., press releases, statements from students)
Packet must not exceed 10 pages in length and should be submitted as a single .pdf file. Applicants do not need to indicate to which category of awards they are applying.
Awards of $450 are made possible through the OSU Women's Faculty Council and the Office of Institutional Diversity. Awardees will be recognized during the Fall Faculty Awards Convocation.